Friday, April 6, 2012

Me As An Aunt ....

Becoming an aunt is completely out of one's control. when your sister or sister- in -laws become moms , you become an aunt. There is no planning or great thought to the occasion. It just happens and changes your life . Something like this happened to me as well 13 years ago, when my 3 adorable nieces were born , twin daughters to my sister and 1 to my sister-in law. bringing in 3 angels , in our families was a moment.....

I love this role of an aunt in my life, and when I go back down the memory lane, I remember those afternoons when occasionally I was entrusted with the care of these little ones. My sister and sister- in - law would invariably return home to witness us either playing unimaginable stuff, dancing to the weirdest tunes or eating something that can vaguely be counted as nutritious. I loved those afternoons , and cherish those moments till date.....

I seem to be in love with  that lenient, relaxed approach the aunt hood offers. Over the years , as they have grown , I don't have to be a disciplinary and tell them " Don't eat more chocolates "!! or "Shut that TV down !!!? " instead our conversation is more about " Howzzz Life "( the latest lingo used  ),  or  "Which song is most viewed on Youtube"?.

We enjoy window shopping and trying out those outfits ( pretending to be super models !!). Staying awake till mid night talking or watching TV is on our favorite list. Finally I have to  use a tired avowal that I cannot stay awake any more, or the mommy tool , which goes like  " Mom 's going to be really upset if  we don't sleep ".

I take pleasure in being silly with them and let them be sillier!!!! . I like to spoil them like crazy, doing all the things, their parents would not like at all . Isn't that being an aunt is all about ???

Seeing them grow and watching who they become is the best thing in the life. Not to forget , that all 3 are different in every way and that's what makes them all great.

Because of distance I don't see them often , but those 2 to 3 visits a year  are essential part of my life. I share bond with them , a bond brought together by blood, but stays together by love.

I must say , we are building a unique relationship of our own, separate from the rest of the family......

No comments: