Friday, January 25, 2013

Two Choices For This Year !!


I had to visit the  Indian embassy  for some work , as I was a bit early I walked towards the coffee joint next to it as there was no point standing in the front of the gate which was to open only after 40 mins. I wondered why I had to come so early. The morning weather is now a bit pleasant so I kept my complaining on the side and ordered myself a cup of coffee. With nothing to do till the guy got me the order, I was looking around the birds and enjoying the weather.( obviously goes without saying checking my fib , whattss app account every min !!! !! ).

Suddenly ,  I heard  the lady sitting a few tables away from mine asking her friend  “ what are the two things you are going to do to make your this year wonderful “? It was an interesting thing to ponder on, I thought as well!!! (I had something to do while sipping my coffee and awaiting the embassy doors to open!!).

What were the two choices which I would pick up to make this year wonderful?  I definitely had some on my list and yes there were quiet simple in concepts as well, yet not easy to do...they obviously were not the things we do on outside, like exercising, quit few bad habits, but they were ways of my thinking and being on the inside. They were more to do with my attitude and my intent. The two most important things in my life of sole concern were Gratitude and Attitude. I am sure we all live our life with these two values.

I believe most successful and the happiest people in the world are those of consistently live their lives with an attitude of gratitude. The concept of seeing the glass half full instead of cursing it to be half empty.
Theory difficult to practice but not impossible either. We come across a lot of people of same kind; doing the same thing yet there is difference in their approach towards life. Few see their life to be filled with joy and success, while few always seem to be in the turmoil?.

Life is not a hunky dory ride all the time there are ups and downs, but it’s all about perception and how you deal with it matters!! (I know it as well!! but can’t practice it all the time!!).

That’s the reason, I felt that yes, what needs to change is the perception. We need to feel upbeat about things, try and find the good part in everything.

When god has given us the free will to choose our intentions, to choose what the most important thing to us is in any given point, why not use it? What we choose is totally on us and in that process what either we learn to what is most important to ourselves and to others and or to protect against pain, rejection and failures with controlling our behavior.

Whatever it is, in the end the intent to learn or protect determines our experience in any given moment.

Either we embraces life’s challenges from a solid knowing that it’s a journey of the soul , a journey of learning , learning to be the most loving person. Rather than shying away from conflict to face it and accept it as an opportunity to learn something new in life. Taking responsibility of our own feelings and behavior or on the other hand we just lock ourselves into the earthly journey of control. Instead of learning from conflicts, we avoid it and just get upset over the outcome of it. we can just numb ourselves to other things , rather than taking responsibility of our feelings and behavior end result would leads us to nothing else but depression and anxiety.

I believe whatever circumstances in life, choosing gratitude and intent, as opposed to complaining and intent to protect makes all the difference.

For me, to make this year best year of my life, the choice would be gratitude and intent to learn.

‘’’ What’s yours???


No comments: