Monday, May 19, 2014

My "DIDDA "- My Role Model

Our parents play an important role in making us what we are today…..we always tend to fall back on our mothers, they have always been the forefront of the families, the iron lady as she is been called most of the times. She is the icon of love, warmth, caring and nurturing.

But  we tend to forget our fathers,  they have been there as well for us as bread runners  of the house , the person who makes sure we get the best in life in which ever best way they can offer  , the friend in times of trouble and the savior when the mother wears the apron of “ typical moms “.

He is the platform of our homes.

In the story of my life , the man who has been responsible for shaping my life till now and who for who I am today , happens to be my  father  the “Man of Steel “.

 My “Didda “.

He use to always work in shifts, and there were  times when he did not have enough  sleep before he left to go to work because he was busy spending time with us , listening to us , playing with us , talking to my mother . He had a rare calmness about him. I have never heard him raise his voice nor lose his temper.

He taught me the first lesson of my life in my childhood, and which remains with me till today, is the meaning of respect. He used to say “treat others with respect if you want to be treated the same way “and it remains the vanguard of my life.

He always tried to show me the difference between sufferings and complaining, which made me learn to be grateful in life to others and to God in my prayers.

Though I was cheerful and confident, I had my share of tears in life. In school days to acerbic friendships, he has witnessed the tears and would tell me always “would you want someone else to control how u feel “? He was the one who taught me to believe in my worth and believe in myself and no one can take that away from me.

My father’s confidence which fed my spirit, it gave me courage to peruse my goals. He used to say anything is achievable if you put your heart and soul , work hard enough and focus on nothing but the end result, the ability to start from nothing at all , but with hard work end up with a lot more .

He inculcated the faith in me and fighting spirit which makes me gets up each time I tousled to my feet or every time when I am brow bitten by the insalubrious situations.

It has been 19 years now, since my “Didda “is watching me from heaven.

But the, memories and his teaching plays an important part till date.

I miss that feeling of security that having a father allows you, whatever age you reach in life... I so envy it for those who have it and I still do that!!!

I miss all the goodness about my dad, his simplicity, his sense of humor, fighting spirits, laughter, joy, and hard work ethics and doing best with what he had in his life. Some shade of protectiveness is gone with his loss. It was hard to pick up the pieces of the shattered heart and it took years to get to the point where I felt stable footing again.

The things my father taught me may not be the absolute or a just right list, but I wonder how many fathers really have thought about things they want their children to learn and remember all their life?

I wonder sometimes, that will my son ever remember anything from his childhood. Most important the things that he is learning from his father now?





I am writing about #MyRoleModel as a part of the activity by Gillette India in association withBlogAdda.com.

                        

No comments: