Saturday, May 10, 2014

My Institution !!!!


Why is it when we were younger we thought we knew everything, yet the older we get the more we realise we don’t know what we thought we knew? Thank God, he gave us all " Mom" who taught us things in simple and quite ways.

 Along the life’s challenges, she took one big life lesson with her, the more you do things for yourself, the better. Since then, she taught us to be self reliant and self sufficient.

Always supportive, she clapped loudest at my school plays; held box of tissues while listening to my heartbreaks, confronted and encouraged me when it was needed.It was this advice that allowed me to make some of the life’s most challenging decisions as an adult.

She always told me “No one is perfect, baby that’s why pencils have erasers “.
She gave me priceless treasures, taught me love  and compassion are values that life’s all about, She taught me the value of guilt and conscious, struggles make us who we are and give us strength to be stronger.One of the most important things she taught me is “There is only one life for each one of us, OUR OWN “… and live it to the fullest!!!!!

She remains the most loving and giving woman I have ever come across and I am honoured to have her as my mother, my siblings and I are blessed, in the way she shaped our lives.
People often ask me how I stay so calm or how I maintain an optimistic outlook and my reply is “it’s all in the genes" !!!




This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments: